Row cannot be located for updating access radio carbon dating chemistry
Refresh Loop End With At the point of "Move Next," VB crashes with the error: "Run-time error '-2147217864 (80040e38): Row cannot be located for updating. Ideally, I'd love to execute a single statement which says "DELETE FROM [my data table] WHERE Document IN [a datagrid of doc numbers I already queried]" but I can't find enough documentation to tell me how to do this. EOF I'm gonna try Matt's suggestion in a minute, but bdavis96's suggestion is not correct.
I found in some VB documentation that you could run a SQL delete statement ("DELETE FROM [table] WHERE. "), but I could find no instructions on how to execute such a statement from within a VB routine.
I think problem is related to the fact that ADO tries to calculate number of affected rows and for doing that it use a where clause built on the changed columns but using values it had on the client.
2005-03-10 AM delphi89 Hi all, When I use my program to create and save a record, it is working fine, but if I immediately do other modifications (using auto-edit mode), I got the following error when applying the changes: "Row cannot be located for updating.
Always Run-time error '3197' The Microsoft Office Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. .update works fine when it runs for the first time. If you omit this, you'll just end up with updates really failing cause Access tried to exact-match floats, blob's and so on.
As of second time -Rob, Klaus, as stated in original report (Bug#7160), I will really need ODBC trace from Driver Manager to see what's actually happening. As for error being thrown, it is rather straight forward...
Some values have been changed since it was last read".
Update or search Bugs DB regarding "Update Criteria" property.
If it was, My SQL server would return "found_rows" (1 ) instead of "affected_rows" (0).
Hello, I have a legacy application written in VB6 and using Oracle OLEDB Provider (version 9 and updated to the last ones from oracle site) I've a problem during insert of a record using recordset method (Add New).
Next use code similar to mine below to create the objects.'' 1. Open "Provider=SQEDB; Server=S1; Database=my DB","sa"rs Obj. Open "Select * From tbl", con Obj, ad Open Static, ad Lock Read Only Set datagrid. Make sure you reference the latest version of 'Microsoft Active X Data Objects' in your project. Execute "Delete From tbl Where id In (list Of Ids)"rs Obj.requerydatagrid.refresh And that should do it. Also if this is helpful, please mark the post as so.-Matt True. This is exactly as described in MS Bulletin Q300586, BTW. I tried to give your post the star it deserved, but the system bombed on post, so I'll try to acknowledge you properly later. Neither the Date Time nor Document fields in my database are unique in and of themselves, and since Access requires a primary key for a table, I have created one by sequentially numbering the records and putting the record number in a field called "Index." When a new record is added, it's just given an Index value that's incremented 1 above the last record.
Make sure you reference the latest version of 'Microsoft Active X Data Objects' in your project. Execute "Delete From tbl Where id In (list Of Ids)"rs Obj.requerydatagrid.refresh And that should do it. Also if this is helpful, please mark the post as so.-Matt You will need to create a connection and a recordset through ADO first. I know this because I put an "On Error Resume Next" command in the loop, and when I did that I get a Data Grid error w/o number (but not the numbered error referenced above) for each line, which if I click "OK" it deletes the line and moves on to the next one where it errors again. Just run that Sql Statement as the source argument in your connection objects execute method.-Matt ).